If you are renting a car for the first time, it may seem intimidating, but it simply isn’t. As with many other things in life, renting a car will mostly depend on exactly what you’re looking for and the company you choose to rent from. Well, before you make that choice, there are a few things that you will need to think over first.
Before Booking a Car
- Consider how many days you will be using the car – Exactly when and where do you want to pick it up and return it?
- Figure out what size car you want to rent and how many people will be on-board with you. Don’t forget how much baggage you will have.
- Do you require any special equipment? Anything to deal with things such as a disability? If so, which car will be best to transport you and your equipment?
- It’s in your best interests to simply book a car online. It’s definitely faster, easier and available 24 hours a day. Any documents confirming payment can be saved and easily printed out.
- What kind of car do you currently drive at home? In most cases, people find it easier to rent a similar car, thus ensuring familiarity.
- Seeking fine quality, top car rentals? Simply click here to book online, no regrets.
Types of Available Car
Usually available cars will be classified according to size (mini, compact, 4×4, 8 seats), class (economy, premium, luxury) or sometimes a distinguishing feature (coupe, convertible, eco-friendly). You should also have the choice between manual and automatic drives.
Things to Acknowledge
- What your quote should include: The cost of hiring the vehicle, basic insurance and any mandatory charges and taxes.
- Extras: (but not in every case) these can include navigation, DVD and music systems, children’s seats, mobile Wi-Fi, etc.
- Mile limits: Miles are either limited or unlimited. If it is limited, then the estimated miles will be established before your trip and you will be charged for going beyond that limit. For long distance journeys unlimited miles are best.
- Make sure to check the total cost of your booking before any finalising payments.
- Remember that the rented car is your responsibility for the duration of the rental period. Check that the insurance coverage is fully satisfactory and suitable for you.
Picking up the Rented Car (What you will have to show when collecting your car)
- Only a real, up to date, driver’s licence is accepted, certainly no photocopies!
- Your reservation information, found on your booking confirmation.
- All intended drivers of the rental car should be present at vehicle collection with their relevant documentation. Some companies may charge an extra fee for additional drivers.
- Car rental companies, may also request some proof of the address on your driver’s license, which must not be older than three months.
So, that should give you a clear idea how to make things go smoothly, and may you have a safe journey on the roads of London and the UK!